Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials

Need Blogging Help!

Sneaky Momma Blog Design


2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

June 29, 2011

Case Study Challenge Gallery Idol & Hero Arts

Hi Everyone:
I trust that you are all doing well and having a great summer so far. I am starting to feel a little better and so today I decided to play along in some challenges. That was after I did some of my house work and chores. Lol. And boy was it ever hot trying to get everything done! Lol. Well, I had a chance to take a breather and create this card for the challenge over at Case Study.

Challenge # 45
Also, the popular Gallery Idol 2011 is now started. I don't expect to win, though it would be awesome if I did, but it would be amazing if I could make the Top 20!  Also, Hero Arts contest is still going strong and I wanted to submit this card for that challenge also. So here is my card for these three challenges.


Jill Foster of Inspired By is still the Case Study Muse and she rocked it again this past week. If you see her second card you will see that it really inspired me more than the first. Why? Well both had my mouth hitting the floor, but the second one spoke to me because I love old vintage school books or papers. Those that you find in a yard sale. If you never heard of this before, well you will be happy that you did because these are great to use on scrapbook layouts and of course, cards! Lol!

Now these papers used here were from my friend Calia and were aged to perfection. In Jill's card you will see that there is indeed a little piece of Vintage Book Paper being used. So I wanted that paper to be the focus of this card. Also, the fact that no one else did their take with this idea in mind. So I hope that you all like this idea! 

I stamped K5376 - Hydrangea/Hero Arts onto the vintage paper and then watercoloured around it with my Ranger Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Broken China & Vintage Photo. I then spritzed it with water and soften the edges with my aqua brush. I then stamped the flower again and once cut out, added pop-dots and layered it over the previous stamped flower image. This was then coloured in various areas and distressed around the edges with ink.  This was then adhered to a black card front that was distessed around the edges with my Tonic Studios Perforator Tool. I then added a vintage frame from Life Stories Scrapbooking Kit/My Mind's Eye and inked around the inner and outer edge of this frame.

Close Up of Vintage Page Flower
 To add an elegant touch, I added cream coloured pearls randomly around the flower. To add more dimension I added Glossy Accents/Ranger to the flower.

Close Up of Scalloped Lace & Edging

The scalloped edging was cotton lace from the Dollorama. Between each layer I added circle halves that were inked around the edges to carry through with the vintage feel. I then added matching Offray ribbon around the card and tied in a double bow. I then added a sentiment for the finishing touch.

The challenge at Gallery Idol 2011 was to make a card that was congratulatory. Hero Arts monthly challenge is similar but you can also use watercolouring in your creations for their challenge. I used the Congratulations stamp from Hero Arts stamp set called CL342 Everyday Sayings!  This was stamped on co-ordinating paper from the same paper kit.  And there you have it! My first card in what seems like a long time.

It is my hope that has I get better each day that I can break out my scrappy supplies and play again. Hope that your making memories this summer that will last a life time.

God Bless & Take Care
Dana

6 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful card, so much detail! Good luck with the Gallery Idol!

Barb said...

Wow, Dana! This is stunning! Love the earthy tones and that frame is so beautiful! Your hydrangea looks amazing against the text! Good luck in all the challenges!

sheila said...

This is incredible looking! Really, I just love everything about this card...good luck in the challenges too!

Dorcas said...

THis is really elegant, Dana! I love all the details like the old book paper and pearls. I hope you win!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful! So very elegant! So glad you could share it with us at CASE Study! :)

Jill said...

Glad you are feeling better! The text on your card is perfect! So, so, so pretty, my friend! I just can't get enough of your inky and fabulous creations! HUGS!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!