Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

July 6, 2011

Case Study Challenge & More!


Challenge # 46

This is the last time for Jill to be the Muse at Case Study and so therefore I wanted to play along. I loved making this card and will be submitting it to other challenges as well. The Design Team did some totally outstanding work on their creations and if you don't believe me, just check it out for yourself! Lol.



Hero Arts Challenges

This is a new month and that means that  Hero Arts begins a new challenge.  This month the challenges is all about summer. Make a card that reminds you of summer. It could be summer at the beach, could be flowers, butterflies, cool drinks, etc..... the possibilities are endless. 



Pretty Blossoms Challenge

This is a very easy challenge because we all have flower stamps right! Still lots of time to play along in this challenge, so get out your stamps and get inky! Lol!




I made this card also for the  Stamp It! Cards Week Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and you can play along too. Loads of inspiration in this new magazine and it is on shelves right now. I was floored by what was in this book and the fun thing is that I knew some of the people who had their cards published. So cool!


Wee Memories Current Challenge
The challenge at Wee Memories this time around is "Summer" and that can be interpreted any way you see it! I decided to go with flowers for the thing that reminded me of summer. After all the snow we had this past winter seeing big beautiful blooms is a welcome sight!

Here is my card for these challenges!
Card Supplies
Cardstock: Autumn Leaves
Watercolour Paper: Canson 90lb/185GSM
Inks: Black StazOn, White Pigment Ink/Stampin' Up, Ranger Distress Inks - Fired Brick, Scattered
Straw, Storm Sky, Peeled Paint, Broken China, & Vintage Photo
Stamps: H5481Classic Bloom & CL342 EveryDay Sayings/Hero Arts
Markers: Black Craft Marker/Crayola, White Gel Pen/Marvy
Adhesives: Easy Glider Pro
Embossing Folder: Sizzix

This card was much faster to make than you would think! Lol. I stamped several flowers in black ink on a piece of scratch paper and then cut them all out. I then stamped my first flower in black on my 4x6 watercolour paper. Then I took one of the previously cut out flowers and placed over top of the flower I just stamped on my watercolour paper. ( Note: Repositional adhesive is the best to use here! ) This was done to prevent me from overlapping flower petals. I wanted them to look like they were underneath each other. So once this is stamped again you just peel up the cut out copy that you placed on your first stamped image and repeat the step again. All flowers were coloured with distress inks and shaded with watercoloring pencils. Then I used one of my son's school markers and filled in the black. I added some white to the centers and then stamped the sentiment in white. I hope you can understand what I mean bye the masking ( covering one image so you can stamp overtop with out overlapping.) and give this idea a try yourself.

You can purchase your Hero Arts stamps, Distress Inks, and Easy Glider adhesives at Scraptacular Images. This is a great opportunity because not many stores in Canada sell Hero Arts stamps and it helps save on shipping.


On a sad note, I wanted to share that this card is for a good friend of mine who just found out that she has breast cancer.  It comes as such a shock because she is really a wonderful athlete, eats healthy, and exercises faithfully. So shocked right now like everyone who knows them!  So my heart goes out to her and her family today has they begin this very tiring, stressful, and painful journey together. We are in the same age group and I keep thinking that every year younger people are getting this dreadful disease. I pray that a cure would come very soon!  If you could remember her in your prayers today that would be greatly appreciated because I am sure that they need all the prayer they can get right now.  Remember that the "today" you have now may never really be the same tomorrow, so love a little harder, hug a little longer, and listen while there is still time to call today living!!

God Bless
Dana

20 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Oh, wow, Dana...this is absolutely AMAZING! I can't wait to come back later to find out the details...how DID you color those gorgeous flowers? Just beautiful!
Take good care,
Judy

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, amazing card! It's so gorgeous!

Teneale Williams said...

I am going to say the same thing as Chupa and Judy...WOW! This is spot on perfect! Fabulous!

Jill said...

Oh, Dana! I'm drooling over this magnificent beauty! WOWOWOWOW!

lostinpaper said...

LOVE your take on the CASE, it's just fab! Congrats on making the Top 3!

Sue Kohler said...

this card is certain to brighten your friends day, big bold and happy blooms are always good for a smile. I hope your friend's journey is short and she is back to her healthy, active and vibrant self soon!
thanks for sharing this very special card! :)

Dorcas said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My sister had a cancer scare a few months ago but it turned out ok. BUt it definately makes the mind spin and no one is immune to things like this. We all have "Adam-itis". If it wasn't for him we'd all be just fine! lol
Beautiful card! I have yet to try masking...

sandra's crafty corner said...

a fab card hun, sorry bout your friend though,
thanks for joining us at our new location at creative craft challenges and good luck
hugs sandra xxx

Jingle said...

Your card is beautiful! I hope your friend is able to stay strong and fight this!

Lisa said...

Dana this is absolutley fabulous!!! What a beautiful job with the colors...WOW :)

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love ethe bright flowers. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Alysha said...

WOW what a fab card - Thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft Challenges, hugs Aly xxx

Please visit me at my blog: http://simply-angelic-crafts.blogspot.com/

judy said...

Gorgeous, vibrant card!

Marion said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Sylvia x said...

lovely the summery flowers..thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft Challenges

Sylvia x

Cath said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Dana this is gorgeous! The colors are brilliant! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

Laurel said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

Rainbow Studio's Rachel and Angela said...

I totally agree - how lovely to see beautiful flowers like this, after the winter months. Totally gorgeous card. Good luck with your challenges.
Just to let you know there is 20% off over at Rainbow Studio's Stamps - Enjoy!
Take care
Rachel and Angela
xx

Laurel said...

Such a fabulous creation!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!