Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials

Need Blogging Help!

Sneaky Momma Blog Design


2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

July 11, 2011

I've Been Tweeted!!!!


Check Out All Your Hero Arts Tweets
I am so excited right now! I love being a part of Hero Arts Flicker group and it is so amazing to see so many ladies having their cards being Tweeted about on Twitter! To be honest I have wished many times that I was in that group! Lol. I know it seems silly and it shouldn't matter, but for some crazy reason, it does! Lol. We are all guilty of wanting to be recognized for our hard work and determination, and when it happens it becomes so exciting!! I was so happy to read the Tweets on the Hero Arts blog and my jaw dropped when I saw that my name and this card was mentioned in their Twitter thread on July 6th! Lol! I couldn't believe it!  Oh my goodness! I have been Tweeted! Lol. You can read it here!  It feels wonderful to have my work noticed by one of the leading Stamp Manufactures in North America! It was such a nice surprise and I am feeling so grateful right now! Thanks so much Hero Arts!

 
Also, I am so excited to say that I made the Top 3 again at Case Study! I was so excited to see that my card was chosen for this category and the week before I won the Random Org. pick. So Case Study really has been so good to me! Lol. Thanks for choosing my card. I so appreciate it! Their new challenge is up!

 
I just want to share this card that I made for a challenge that I hosted with my HA Flickr Group! I challenged the ladies to make a card that was going against their natural creative grain! To do something different than the norm and to share it with our group. So the "Against The Grain Challenge" was a little more difficult than most 90 Minute Scrambles, but the ladies said that they really enjoyed it and was happy to be challenged outside of their comfort zone. The cards that were made were gorgeous! You can check it out here and this is my card.



This card was made using the "Time To Stamp" and sentiment from "Everyday Sayings" set as well. Both Hero Arts stamp sets. I actually stamped one of the clocks and then enlarged it on a photocopier! It was distressed with Ranger Distress Inks and then stamped with Old Letter Writing HA stamp as well.  To add some character, I added a cluster of embellishments on the side. The grommets and brads were from Making Memories and I used a white gel pen/Tombo to add some highlights around the clock and on the Roman Numerals.

Enlarging stamped images really can give you some pretty amazing shaped cards! Now I don't do this all the time, but when I would like something different or I am tired of the regular size card, I try something like this. Don't be scared to stretch your imagination! You'd be surprised with what you come up! 

I wanted to add that the "Take 5" feature that was suppose to be up here at Reliving Tomorrow is being delayed due to some technical difficulties. Yup! Just another way of saying that I am having computer issues. Grrr! I can't wait to get my own computer again. Trying to figure out video making using a different program, and photo editing program is driving me nuts!!! Grrr! Lol! So I have taken a step back from it for a while, and hope to get everything sorted by the end of July. So please be patient with me!  I have some amazing ladies being featured here and can't wait to share their work with you.

Okay, that is it for today!  Time to get some lunch & walk to the post!  Take care and enjoy your summer.

Wishing you much Sunshine & Happiness.
Dana

4 comments:

Barb said...

Both cards deserved recognition, Dana! So happy for you! Big congrats! :)

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the HA TWEET! This card is outstanding!

Clare said...

You totally deserved both awards!!! Your card was so fun and gorgeous! And may I dare to say I like this one even more? The inking is fantabulous!!!

Auntie Em said...

Dana, congrats on being twittered! :)
I LOVE your card! I didn't think enlarging the image would turn out so great but the little touches with the white gel pen make so much difference. I will have to check out the rest of the creations.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!