Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

August 10, 2011

Happy Friendship Week!

Not sure if you knew that or not, but this is considered Friendship week. I want to send a big Thank You to all of you who are my Blogging Friends, and my friends who I see on a more real basis. Like face to face!  Though I wish I could really meet some of my Blogging Friends face to face. Some day!  This is for you all!

You all mean so much to me and your encouragement is what keeps me going.  One person I want to send this to is my Mom!  She is my mother mostly, but also my close friend. I want to share a card I made for her today because she is sick. She has the Shingles, a form of Chicken Pox and is really sick. I only found out today and I am somewhat bothered that she didn't tell me. She is in her 70's and is dealing with some health issues anyway, and now this. She doens't always tell us what is wrong until it is too late. Oh well, now that I know I hounded her for information. She did go to the doctor and has some meds.  Okay here is the card that I made for her.


Some Close-Ups!




Card Supplies:
Ribbon: Teal Blue
Cardstock: Autumn Leaves & Recollections
Inks: Stampin' Up, ColorBox/Hero Arts, StazOn
Embellishments: Corsage Pin/Design It! Pearls/Dollarama
Stamps: Hydrangea/Hero Arts, Mini Clear Stamps/Kaisercraft
Adhesives: Score Tape, Stamp Runner/Tombo, Glue Glider Pro
Pencils & Markers: White Gel Pen/Tombo & Watercolor Pencils/Staedtler


This card is being submitted to Case Study Blog Hop Challenge. I was inspired bye Dawn who was the Muse over there for a while and loved this card. So the card above is my take on that beautiful card. 


This card is also being submitted to the Hero Arts challenge over at 2Peas.  Check it out for your chance to play along and maybe win 50 dollars worth of Hero Arts Product.  I just love Hero Arts stamps and you should see their new Winter Catalogues. You can see them bye clicking on the link in my sidebar as well.

Hope your all enjoying your days of summer as they begin to count down. So depressing really how fast this summer has gone bye. Still lots of time to spend at the beach yet though, so I would encourage you to get in so many fun summer days as possible. Be sure to take lots of pictures too. Not being bossy, just saying you will be sorry later when summer is gone and autumn is upon us. Lol. Yes, I am speaking from experience.


Thanks for looking and for dropping bye.

Hugs
Dana

8 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What an absolutely delightful post and card! I love how your CASEd creation turned out, it's so stylish! Thank you for taking part in our Anniversary festivities! :)

Dorcas said...

It's such a pretty card, Dana! I'm sorry your Mum is so unwell, shingles do sound awful from what everyone says. Poor thing. :-(

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Dana...that hydrangea stamp is just lovely and your bow is so elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

NickelNook said...

Really beautiful card, Dana! I love the color and the pretty bow! Your smiley is adorable! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

Maureen Morton said...

So sweet, Dana. Love your story. My Mom was my #1 friend, also. I still think of her every single day. Bless your heart for all the joy and inspiration you share with all of us. Sending love, mkm

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is soooo pretty! I love all the blue on the flower and the ribbon is absolutely prefect.

I hope your mother is feeling better by now. Shingles are quite uncomfortable and nasty to endure. Especially during the hot summer.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! :)

Karen L said...

WOW!! Every card I look at is even more spectacular!! I love everything about this card....the color, the image, the shadow stamping, the gorgeous blue ribbon...
Your mom surely appreciated this!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!