I have been holding off on sharing this news due to waiting for the magazine to be on store bookshelves. Now that it has been out for a little while I guess it is safe to share. I have a gift set published in a STAEDTLER Ad in the Creative Retailer Magazine by Northridge Publishing. I have had layouts published before but never a card or any other project. So I am so excited!
I was so excited to be asked to take part in this ad and here is the actual layout page.
Here are the actual projects that were used for this page spread.
Projects were created using Hero Arts Stamps.
I used Hydrangea # K5376 for the leaves and the flower itself was this stamp below,
Etched Flowers# CG430.
Old Letter Writing
Product Number: S4878
To cover this bag with such a big flower I had to increase the size. So after stamping the flower on white cardstock, I then enlarged it and printed it onto watercolour paper using a photocopying machine. I repeated this step so that I could actually pop some of the layers of the flower. I love how this really gave the flowers so much depth & dimension. This made it really look like a rose and the yellow colour was beautiful. I used the leaves from the Hydrangea flower and enlarged those as well. I wanted to go with a vintage feel for this set, so I used slate blue, walnut brown, and deep yellow for my colour scheme. I cut a piece of Basic Grey Paper the size of the bag. It was distressed around the edges by adding walnut distress ink and then stamped with the old letter writing in blue distress ink. Before adhering it to the brown paper gift bag, wide lace, brown ribbon, pearls and pearl pins were added to the piece to add that touch of elegance. The flower was coloured with STAEDTLER Triplus Colour Fine tip markers, STAEDTLER Karat Aquarell Watercolour Pencil and the white watercolour crayon was used for highlights on the flowers. A white gel pen was used to add white dots to the center of each flower. The flowers on the card were coloured in the same way as the one on the gift bag and adhered to a stamped background that was distress with storm/blue and walnut/brown distress inks. This was matted on slate blue and drk. brown cardstock which was placed on a kraft cardbase.
I had a lot of fun making this and it really helped me to see that Vintage style is much easier to make than I thought! Well maybe! Lol. I hope that I have inspired and challenged you to look at your stamps in a different light. They might be small in size when you first purchase them, but the sky is the limit when you think of all the sizes that you can use with photocopying an image.
I trust that you are all doing well and that this month of celebrating National Scrapbooking is filled with much fun and creativity! Lol.