Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

October 1, 2013

Doodle Pantry October Release




Today is Doodle Pantry Release Day and I am so excited that you are here visiting with me. I want to share a card that I made today that uses two Digital Sets. The first one is the new Jolly Saint Nicholas set and it is totally stunning to say the least. This can be used for so many different styles of cardmaking. 


And the other set that I used was an updated set that was from Laurie's work at Clearly Digi Stamps. It now has re-colored artwork with matching digital papers. It is called Blessed Christmas  and it is simply gorgeous.



So without further ado here is my card using both sets. I loved the sentiment so much, that I had to create a scene where Saint Nicholas was looking at the Baby Jesus and pondering the true meaning of the Christian Holiday. 



Card Supplies:
Adhesives: EZ Runner, Pop Dots
Embellishments: Jute/unknown, Pearls/Dollarama
Digi Stamps: Jolly Saint Nicholas, Blessed Christmas
Inks & Paints: Distress Inks, Stampin' Up, and Staz-On, 
Cardstock: Desert Storm/Neenah Paper, Watercolour Paper/Canson 90lb.
Pattern Paper: Signature Christmas/MME, Be Good/Cosmo Cricket
Coloring Mediums: watercolor pencils, watercolor markers, alcohol markers on face area


Close-up of Saint Nicholas coloring.


Baby Jesus Close-up
This card is being submitted to the following challenges:

ABC Challenges - W, cards only, E3, C10 - 3 or more Pattern Paper

Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes
Squigglefly - WSIO (SIR to win) - Christmas Card
The Glory of Christmas Challenge - 2W, C5, E1, Christmas paper projects only -#17 (1st week) Christmas Balls
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - W, JFF must be Christmas - #144  Three main colors
Di's Digis Designs 3E 2W SIO - (W1 of 2)   Coloring Skills
Totally Gorjuss - W  #202  Traditional Christmas colors
Word Art Wednesdy - Challenge # 99
Crafty Hazelnut's Extra For October Challenge: Anything Goes

Just wanted to let you know about some fun and some great deals. 


Come join us at noon and play along with us in challenge # 39
Featured Product will be Angel Birdie

You can use either a Doodle Pantry illustration OR another digital company image, BUT ONLY the people who use a Doodle Pantry image will receive the featured product. Only 1 entry per person regardless which image you choose to enter.


To see the specials  and get the discount code, please read all of the information here.

Stocking Ants is “free with purchase”. It must be added to your card with your other products, go to checkout and pay and it is included for free.  

Thanks for dropping by and I trust that you have been inspired today to create something fun & maybe even Christmas related. Lol.


24 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a beautiful card! Your design is outstanding. Love how you combined the two sets. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful colourings!!

Pia S said...

You've made such a beautiful Christmas card! It has a lovely vintage feel, and I do like the face of this Santa! I spotted your card on MIM.

Faye said...

Gorgeous card and image Dana. I saw this on MIM. Faye

Unknown said...

This is just perfect. What a great statement and done so beautifully.
Thank you for posting with us. It is wonderful seeing your projects. We would love to see you again next week.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Jo Ann said...

Hello Dana...I just want to thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment in my Blog. I am humbled by all the things you said and all I can say is that what you see in my creation--in coloring and design--that you said is unique to my cards is but a "hand stamped" of God in all my creations. He is truly the One that makes the difference and I am thankful you noticed that. I looked around your Blog and you got huge talents too and your coloring skills are phenomenal. I know that you love the Lord and so happy to have met you.

Hugs always,

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet card with wonderful coloring, Dana! I haven't figured out how to go digital, other than just a simple image, of course, but I do love the look of this series. Spectacular design and sentiment.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the vintage look!
Great way to tie the 2 images with that fantastic sentiment!!

Hazel said...

Thanks you for such a sweet card for the Glory of Christmas challenge 17 and for entering my CHNC challenge 144 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Rene said...

What a great card! Thank you so much for sharing this fab creation with us at MIM!

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Good luck,
Rene :D

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful card and all the images are super fun! Thanks for joining us in the Squigglefly Christmas card challenge! Nancy - DT

Kathy Bradley said...

What a wonderful and adorable Christmas card and images! Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly.

Wendy said...

Beautiful vintage card, with a message for us all to take note of! Spotted it on MIM xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - please put a link within your blogpost - thanks - hope to see you again soon. x

Holly Young said...

Love this! The sentiment is awesome and I love the muted design in the paper beneath. Thanks for sharing with us at Squigglefly this week!

Chris said...

Hi Dana, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Tanja Schurat (vorm. Kortmann) said...

thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas
xxtanja

Unknown said...

Dana, welcome to the team. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. This card is outstanding. You really captured the meaning of Christmas!

Shelly said...

A really lovely creation, fab colouring and beautiful sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge xx

Dawn Frost said...

Dana I love the vintage feel of this card, its gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is truly amazing, Dana! I love that you combined two of the big elements of Christmas to make one very meaningful card that really speaks of the true meaning of the holiday. Such amazing coloring, too. Wow! Just gorgeous, and so very meaningful, sweetie. Love it!

Lola said...

Oh my! What a beautiful card. Your coloring is fabulous and has such a rich and vintage feel. The addition of baby Jesus really works well with your design. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Truly a glorious card, Dana! It captures all of the wonderful aspects of Christmas, yet puts the focus right where it should be. Your coloring is always so amazing -- such a joy to see your cards! Thinking of and praying for you, sweetie!

Marilyn Scott said...

This is simply amazing! The card design is sooo unique I thought it was one of the classic collection of wonderful cards. Sorry for the sentence but I couldn't find the perfect word to express my amazement with your creation. It is sooo beautiful!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!