Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

November 27, 2010

For The Love Of Snowmen!

Snowmen have always been something that I have loved. It maybe one that is cute, whimiscal, or just have a country look to it, whatever the case I am hooked.  Lol!  I have over the years collected snowmen ornaments and paintings, and have also taught others to love them too!  I actually had taught a Tole Painting class many years ago and the project that the class completed was a Winter Welcome Snowman. 


All the students completed this snowman project over a 4 week period and it was so fun to see all of their hard work payoff!   Isn't he just gorgeous!  I so love country style and this guy fitted right in with my Christmas/Winter decor.

So I saw a lot of different challenges for Christmas and Winter Cards/projects. So I thought that I would make an altered project.  I made the following wreath for my Secret Sister at my church ladies' group.  Our big reveal will be on Dec.09th and to my knowledge, she doens't follow my blog. So with needing a gift, and wanting to do something with snowmen, and to submit for challenges, this is what I came up with! 

This Project is being submitted to the following challenges: 



I used Hero Arts stamp called Snow Globe and actually scanned a stamped out image to make the larger image for the center of the bow.  Now this is a lot of work and a lot of fun. I had to use so much glitter. Here are some close-ups to show you what I mean! Lol!

Center Snowman

Snowflake Minis ( These can be made separtely and attached to gifts or even to give to teachers for a Christmas present. You just would need to add a sentiment to the side of the snowflake and Voila! A great gift! I bought a dozen snowflakes at Wally World for two bucks and just coloured and glittered the snowmen. Then glued them to the snowflake and then adhered it to the wreath. Real simple!


And now for the blue coloured snowman. Sorry but this one is a little blurred.


I really had so much fun making this, but the glitter will still be flying for days it seems! Lol! It is funny because when I went to get my son from school one of the Moms wanted to know why I was so sparkly and glittery! Lol!  I so love "how glitter does give any project so much glam and glim! It really can bring your projects to life.  So why not give your projects that extra boost with some fanciful glitter.

Thanks so much for dropping bye and I hope that I have inspired you to make a gift for someone or maybe for yourself.  I trust that you are doing well and that you are making memories each day with your family and friends. Memories that will last a life time.

I better get going!  We are putting up our lights outside in a little while and then it is off for "Family Fun Day" with my son's school. We are going skating and then it is back at the school for supper. Then the entire school well be checking out the Santa Claus Parade together with hot cocoa and cookies. Yummy! Sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait.

Hugs & Blessings.
Dana

7 comments:

Dorcas said...

Love your country snowman, Dana! You seem to have a real knack for these crafts, your wreath too is so well made and pretty.

Barb said...

LOVE THAT WREATH, Dana!! So beautiful with all the sparkle and the snowmen look fabulous!

Heather said...

A stunning creation that would grace any door!! Your your snowmen are so cute and the details simply beautiful.

So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Peggy said...

These are great! I love snowmen!! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, that wreath is absolutely amazing! Wonderful job this week and thanks so much for playing with us at Going Grey at Scrap-creations.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous creations.
luv
Debby

Sandy said...

The Tole Painted Snowman is so cute! My mom tole paints and she said she needs to find that pattern! The wreath is beautiful and your secret sister will LOVE it! Everything you make is so beautifully done!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!