Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

July 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Well today is my Wedding Anniversary! 15 Years! Wow! Where did the time go! I feel very privileged to say that I am a married woman. With the way that marriages are viewed in today's society by some, getting to 15 years is really an accomplishment! Lol. Even if I say so myself! Lol. My hubby and I have been together since High School. I remember that first time we spoke, that first date, and that first kiss. Lol. The thing that sticks out the most is that he use to write letters and tell me how he felt about me. A real romantic! Lol. I don't get those anymore, but there are times that he still expresses his heart. This is rare for most men, so I am so happy that he is a tender hearted guy!!


Not only is he a wonderful hubby, but he is also an amazing Dad! His love for our son is so great to watch. He doesn't feel that he measures up sometimes in the parenting department, but we all feel like that at times I think.


So I wanted to make an Anniversary Card for him that was different from the one I did last year. So the challenge at Cas-ual Fridays was to make a man card with Kraft paper. So I tried this and this is what I came up with.


 My Anniversary Card For My Hubby!


Close Up


This card is being submitted to these two challenges:

Challenge #149
This weeks challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges is to make a single layer card.


Current Challenge Info

 
Now I try not to do much colouring because my hand still bothers me, but seeming this card was for a great guy and I was encouraged by my good friend Dorcas to give the Kraft paper colouring ago, I did it! Lol. Now this card was made using a clip art pic from the Internet and believe it or not, I used Crayola colouring pencils. YUP! That is the truth! Can you believe it! Now I still need to get some Prismas because they are softer, but these still did the job! Now this was a labour of love because it took me 3 hours or so to do this from start to finish. I know! I know! CAS cards are suppose to be fast! Lol! Well not when it is your first time trying out a new technique! I have to say that I am happy how it worked out. I just hope that he feels the same way. Can't wait to see the look on his face when I give this to him at dinner tonight.

Off to spend some much needed quality time with my family and to have a fun afternoon. Hope your enjoying your summer too!

Hugs & Blessings
Dana

12 comments:

Dana said...

Well many congratulations on your anniversary! I think your card MORE than measures up...what a stunner. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

Dorcas said...

Happy Anniversary Dana! :-) I'm so glad that you have such a special guy to share your life with, thats a real blessing. And you son, does he not have the sweetest face ever! Such a happy family. :-)
Awesome card too! I told you the kraft coloring wasn't so bad!You did great!

Virginia L. said...

Happy HAPPY 15th Anniversary to you! Wow! What a great card for your hubby, Dana! Your coloring really shine through in this one against kraft card stock! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! This card is STUNNING! The coloring looks beautiful on the kraft color :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Alberta said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the look of direct coloring on kraft. Awesome job!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Happy anniversary to you & your hubby. This is the perfect card for any guy! The colouring looks great. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

Claudia said...

Wow!!! Happy Anniversary. Lovely post. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Take the Happiness Together test and find out a number of helpful insights about happiness in relationship with your partner. It helps you discover just how happy you and your partner are in your relationship.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Congrats on 15 years and you are right, it is quite and accomplishment in today's society! I love how you've colored that car - it looks so sketchy, but with such bright, gorgeous colors. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, great colouring. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Faye said...

What a fantastic image and I love your colouring. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week and good luck! x

Unknown said...

Dana, Happy Belated Anniversary, hope you both had a wonderful day and wish you both many many more happy years together.
You are right there with me and my hubby, we have been together about 20 years, but married 15 this past April. Time sure goes by fast!!

Hope all else is well with you, you did a fantastic job on your card!!! Hope he loved it, I am sure he did!!

Sorry to say I have not been on line much lately, so behind on my blog reading, and been busy and such, hope to get back to crafting, starting tomorrow. Did you solve your computer issues? Oh well, drop me a line when you can.

I too had a computer issue, lost some emails, don't know if it was the computer or the operator, so if you sent me any emails and I did not respond, that would be why.

Take care and talk to you soon.
Hugs
Donna

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet love story! You never cease to amaze. Stunning card, too! Happy anniversary!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!