Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

October 14, 2011

Breaking Out The Christmas Stamps & Music!

Well the time as come when Christmas Challenges are popping up everywhere it seems. And so I thought I would give it an early start this year. But I just could not get the mojo going until I put the Christmas music on. Sure enough! My juices were following and I must say that I am extremely happy with the end result.

Hero Arts is starting a new challenge for the month of October and this time around it includes making Holiday Cards. I love the fact that they have provided not 1 sketch but 3 to help inspire all of us. Also, we can make a Holiday card using non-holiday stamps. Check out these beauties on the Company Blog.



Check Out The Details!
The colours for this challenge were based on the challenge over at Paper & Such blog. I so love these colours and so will you. There is still time to play along!


Design Seeds - You Have To Check This Out!

Now I know that some of you may think that these colours are more for Autumn but really when you do up a Christmas Card country style, these colours fit right in with the rest of the card.  Tell me what you think!



This is the pic my hubby thought I should use. But here is my pic that I thought was better. (I took them both, while he held up the flashlight! Honest he did!) I think that my pic shows the true colours of the above challenge better. It doens't really matter I guess as long as the picture is nice. I would love to take better pics that is for sure. I love my camera, but wish I knew how to use it better! Some day!



This card is also being submitted to the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday - Must use a stamp - So Distressing


  • Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Anything Goes


  • Card Supplies:

    Adhesive:  Easy Glider Pro
    Pattern Paper & Cardstock: Cosmo Cricuit (Wanted Collection) & Bazzill
    Embellishments: Handmade Flowers, jute, pearls, die-cut flowers and border. 
    Stamps: Woodgrain Stamp S5298, Enjoy The Season CG210 - Hero Arts, Mini Snowflake - Studio G

    Instructions:

    The woodgrain stamp with white craft ink was stamped onto drk. brown cardstock. The piece was then inked around the edges with drk.chocolate chip. This was then trimmed and added to card base. A cranberry red strip of cardstock was inked with walnut distress ink and drk. chocolate chip around the edges. The snowflake image was then stamped in various places on the strip and adhered to the card front. The paper that is seen from the bottom of the card, is a piece of old paper bag that has been crumpled, smoothed out and then distress with the two inks mentioned above. This was added to the card front in the bottom location. The scalloped border, along with pattern paper were added to the center of card. Jute was then wrapped around card and tied in a bow at one side. To complete card, handmade flowers, pearls, and distressed die-cut leaves where then added to the card. 

    I know that I was suppose to share the card that I made for Thanksgiving. In all honesty I didn't get it all completed. I needed to add some ribbon and some embellishments. I thought that was no big deal and that I could get that completed this morning when there was testing going on in our Homeschooling. Well that didn't happen. Other important things came up and my crafting had to wait. So I hope to complete it tomorow and share some pics of our Apple Picking Adventure as well. 

    I trust that your all doing well and enjoying the Autumn weather. Maybe a good time to get a head start on your Christmas crafting. Until next time. 

    Blessings
    Dana

    16 comments:

    Barb said...

    Love your pretty panels, Dana! You used these colors so beautifully!

    Nancy said...

    Beautiful card, Dana! I love the colors and the wonderful "country" feel of it!...Nancy :o)

    Maureen Morton said...

    I love this, Dawn! So down-home country Christmas. Love the textures and the depth of the colors. I am sure not ready to even hear Christmas music.....ba humbug!

    Stampalicious said...

    It's very pretty, I especially like the look of wood here, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

    MarcyK924 said...

    Oh Dana, this is aweseome! I love the colors you used. Your flower cluster is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy xoxoxo

    Grace said...

    Oh YES!!! The DO work up beautifully as a Christmas card!!! I'm in love with it and might have to case the colors for a Christmas card myself!!! Thanks for playing along with Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    Heleen said...

    What a great and lovely card! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge.

    Hugs,
    Heleen

    Janice M said...

    Wow! What an absoluely GORGEOUS card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

    Trinh said...

    Your card is gorgeous, Dana! I love the warmth and rustic feel.

    Brenda said...

    I love this rustic card Dana! That paper flower is in the most perfect colour! Love the distressed paper at the bottom! Such a beautiful card! (I know what you mean about being camera savvy! A friend of mine is going to give me some info on an online Photography course that I think I may have to look into!)

    Julie said...

    Wow, what a fantastic card! Love the rustic feel to this one! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper and Such this week.

    MindyYoung said...

    I LOVE this card! It is simple beautiful! Thanks for playing with us over at Paper and Such!

    Jill said...

    Just beautiful! LOVE it my friend! HUGS!

    Karenladd said...

    Wow, this is just gorgeous! I love those colors for a holiday card and the flowers are fabulous!!

    Unknown said...

    *sigh*
    this is gorgeous! love the combined colors, textures and patterns...
    you are talented beyond measure!

    Dorcas said...

    Gorgeous card, Dana, I don't know how I missed it!

    Copyright Notice

    All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!