Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Get Picky!!!!

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to share a layout that I completed for the "Get Picky Birthday Celebration". They are celebrating having 1 year of creative fun and challenges. Here is the sketch that all readers were challenged to use in honour of this celebration.



Now I completed this layout while at a crop this weekend, but I just wasn't happy with it. Now my friend Jean will laugh her head off when she see's all the extras that I added. I actually did the page over. I wanted to mist it with Misting Inks and to also cut the size of the sun down. I felt that the orginal page had a focus that was all about that sun in the corner and not the pictures. That wasn't what I was going for. So I cut the sun shape down, spritzed some blue ink around the page and tore the corner to add some more red. Having a page that flows is a key element when scrapbooking and bringing colour across a page does just that. This helps to direct the eye and to focus on the main subject - in this case my sweet boy Noah.


out for publication Pictures, Images and Photos


I have to say that this was a labour of love. It took me so long to complete, but I am now finally happy with it. I guess a word to the wise is, if you scrapbook don't ever give it up or put it to one side. Why you might ask? Well because when you get back into to it again, it can take a while for the mojo to set in and it takes so much longer than planned. Lol. Yes, my friend Jean can vouch for my struggle with time and design completion. Lol. It took some time but this page turned out great and now I can add it to my album.

Title Close-Up
out for publication Pictures, Images and Photos
Sub-Title Close-Up



This page was completed using the "Little Boy" paperpack from Echo Park. Also, cloud paper from the "Lime Twist Collection" from My Minds Eye was used, along with the green strip with white stars, which is from the "Super Stud Collection" from Bella BLVD.  Cardstock used was Bazzill and inks used to distress edges and sun were Ranger Distress Inks.

For those of you looking for a card today, I am sorry, but I will have one up tomorrow to share. I will be sharing layouts again though for you who scrapbook. I am finally getting back into it again and I really did miss it.

I trust that you are all doing well and enjoying the Autumn weather. I need to get going because I have cards to complete for Hero Arts Card contest. Why not play along there is still time. Until tomorrow.

Hugs & Blessings
Dana

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Dana, I'm envious of your scrapbooking skills...in a nice way :) You mentioned that it was a labour of love, but it's obvious a lot of love went into making it! I love the pops of color on the grid PP and the elements - stars, dots & stripes - LOVE! Masculine projects are my fave and you've inspired me! Great layout :)

Unknown said...

P.S. Your son is so handsome! Love the blonde waves :)

Brenda said...

Hi Dana! You did great with this sketch! I am really poor at scrapbooking, I don't do the whole embellishing thing too well! But I try! Love your sweet little boy!

Maureen Morton said...

Labor of love is right! Wow - I can just see the thought and love in this, Dana! What a complicated sketch, but you put it together so beautifully. Love the colors - so very "boy"! My hat goes off to you; scrapbooking is so difficult, yet so rewarding. What a great Momma to do this for your family! Adorable.

JeanC said...

Dana it turned out beautifully! I loved it before but I love it even more now. Can't wait to spend the day with you again.

Judy1223 said...

WOW, Dana! What an amazing layout! Talk about a labor of love...you spent so much time and effort on this and it shows!!!

Thank you again for the wonderful prize you sent me...it arrived yesterday, and I LOVE the papers! Thanks again...you are so SWEET!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fantastic work! Sooooo cute! Love the bright colours and the big sun! Fabulous layout!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Picky!! :D

Nikki xx said...

What a beautiful page Dana...hehe...well worth the struggle :):):) sometimes we van be our own worst critics :) I love how the sun adds to you page and those gorgeous photos..really sweet. Thanks so much for being part of our celebrations at Get Picky and joining in our blog hop too :)

Keri said...

This is so cute, love the tilted elements, the words in the paper-torn area, and the big sun accent, it's great!!!

Trinh said...

Hi Dana, your son is adorable! And this LO is wonderful with all the details; I especially love the misting and the sun you created.

Auntie Em said...

Love your Little Boy LO! You really used the best of the design to create such a well thought out LO. The ones made in minutes never have the polish and finesse the time consuming ones do IMHO! I love all the distressing and inking. Looks awesome!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Dorcas said...

Dana, your layout is AWESOME!!!!!!

Dorcas said...

ps) I haven't scrapbooked in about 6 years. EEK!! My hands shake just thinking of it!

Anonymous said...

Cute layout!! I love how you created the sun!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!