Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

March 29, 2012

March Is Crafting Month

Did you know that the month of March is celebrated as Crafting Month? Well, I know that this is the later part of the month, but I did want to share some projects that I made for this special event.
Card creations are something that you often see on my blog and today is no different. So here is my card for today. It was actually made for the challenges at Hero Arts, Simon Says, and Lily Pad. I am also submitting my other project as well.


Close up of background stamping.


The colours look more like this second pic than the first. I tried to tone down the brightness of the first picture, but no such luck. Sorry about that!

Now this next project was a joy to make! I will be sharing a Tutorial soon on how you can make this same project, to share as a gift, for those special people in your life. I made this set for my sister Janice and I am hoping that she will like it! Now I will admit that it did take me some time to get it completed. First time I tried it, was a while ago and I made some colouring mistakes, but I wasn't giving up that easily. So here is the finish product.


I took at plain white note pad and stamped this Hero Arts flower image on it, coloured and added distress ink all around. And can you remember the Fimo Flower I made using the same Hero Arts stamp, will I used the same flower to embellish my gift once it was wrapped. I love how this set turned out and will be doing it again.


Close up of Fimo Flower

Be sure to check out the following challenges at:

 




Simon Says Stamp

Now be sure to check out the button on my sidebar regarding a Birthday celebration that is coming up soon for Lily Pad. I can't wait to see what all the fun will be and of course there must be prizes to win right?! Lol. Hope your all doing well and that you have enjoyed your visit today.

Blessings
Dana




8 comments:

Barb said...

What a beautiful project, Dana! Just love the colors, and that Fimo flower is stunning! So glad you played with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That Fimo flower is such an amazing way to spice up your wrap - love the big blue bow, and OMG look at the colouring on the note block! I love that the whole ensemble goes together without being super matchy :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

AMAZING projects! So HAPPY and Beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cars! Have a great week-end, Hugs Karin

Judy1223 said...

Dana, this project is amazing! I wouldn't be surprised if it won all the contests you entered it in! It's a winner in my book!

Maureen Morton said...

Your creative juices are seriously flowing, girlfriend! Love these yummy flowers and what a great package! You have outdone yourself for sure. Love!

Unknown said...

Dana, you are a bonafide ARTIST. A beautiful ensemble project! If you sister is anything like me, she won't even open this for awhile lol it's too pretty to disturb! Awesome design :)

zehra said...

This is an amazing note book set, did you stamp each page on the note pad

Brenda said...

I love your gift idea Dana but I always admire your stunning coloring!

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!