Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

December 8, 2012

Gift Packaging Ideas


Hi Everyone:

I thought that I would share an idea I had for a Christmas Gift bag using Hero Arts digital stamp set and cling rubber stamps. I purchased this Digital Set called 4 Santa's from 2Peas and fell in love with it.

 
 
I also used this set CL539 Laughter & Joy for my sentiment.
 
 
The Santa that I used was kind of whimsical so I wanted to go with a fun sentiment as well and used the one from this set. So here is my Gift Bag. This project is being submitted to the Color Throwdown Challenge with this beautiful picture for inspiration:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Close Up of Colouring
 
 
This project is being submitted to the following challenges:
 
Simon Says: Snowflakes
Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes/Giving
Tuesday Alchemy: Anything But A Card
Paper Crafts Connection: December Gallery Challenge
 
 
The coloring of this Santa was with Staedtler Watercolour Crayons and Pencils. I just love how the crayons makes this guy's hat pop. The white crayon is my favorite because it is so great for those highlights that every project just needs to have. Lol.
 
There are so many Christmas challenges going on right now. These are some of the places that I have been checking out and wanting to play along with:
 
 
I really hope to play along with these challenges, but with no shopping completed yet, or inside decorating started, it may be something that I will complete at the last minute. Lol. Maybe just maybe I will take a night for myself with a sign that says, " Mom's Away On A Crafting Retreat! Lol. It won't work though, because I do the " Talk To The Hand" gesture and I still get spoken to with the look to respond back. Lol. Oh well, can't blame a gal for trying.
 
The last one I soooo want to do. Jill's work is out of this world and my mouth hits the floor almost every time. I swear. She has been blessed with so much talent and I am so proud of her. Thanks for inspiring sweetie. Hugs.
 
Okay that is it for me until next time. Thanks for dropping bye and I hope that I have inspired you to decorate your own paper bags to make some fun Christmas creations.
 
Blessings
Dana

11 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Dana, I adore this sweet Santa image and your coloring! I know, there are so many great challenges going on, yet so little time for crafting! I hope you are able to find some time to play in between shopping and decorating...I'll be trying the same!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO darling, Dana! What a cute stamp set, and you did an amazing job with it. You are more than welcome to share this also at Word Art Wednesday. It would be an honor to have you share again!

I also wanted to mention that I really appreciated your comment. God has a way of speaking to our hearts in unexpected ways. I trust that He was convicting your heart only because you are faithful to hear (really listen) to His Holy Spirit's leading. He will surely bless you for honoring Him in the area of giving. It seems that the more we are faithful to give, even when we don't really have the money in our budgets, He somehow blesses us in unexpected ways. And yes, it has everything to do with trust. He is SO GOOD in the area of providing unexpectedly for our needs when we are faithful with ALL that He has given us. I prayed for you guys today that He will clearly lead you in this area.

Thanks again for the comment, and for sharing your beautiful art with us. I appreciate you very much!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Pajalu said...

Dana you make me want those sets! What a gorgeous gift bag. It's adorable, I love everything about it. Such a wonderful bag.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks SO much for sharing this at Word Art Wednesday!!! BLESSED!!!!
I had never been to Jill's blog, so thank you for that hot top - WOWZERS! I just LOVE getting creative ideas from such lovely crafters, and I'm SO blessed to have met you, Dana.
Have a wonderful week, and keep in touch.
Karen

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful gift bag --- I LOVE the bright cheery colors and cute Santa in the corner! So very pretty!
BTW - thanks for your sweet comment on my blog -- it gave me the link to your blog where there are so many lovely things to look at!

Lynn said...

This is a fun project! Beautiful coloring!

Dawn T said...

what a delightful gift bag Dana. It really is so special.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE the colouring, Dana! It is so fun with that great big bow :) As for the getting your craft retreat...I have no advice there. My kids luckily have decided my distraction is not worth interrupting ;) lol!

Maureen Morton said...

I had a hard time seeing where to click to comment, but now I get it. This is incredible. That bow is a serious knock-out and your coloring....wish you could teach me.Too many challenges and so little time, especially at this time of year. Thanks for your note. I will respond soon. You are such a dear. Hugs!

Auntie Em said...

Hi Dana! Your colouring is always so beautifully done. I love the little highlights and touches you add to each image that always brings your characters to life. This Santa bag is so sweet. The gift bag should be the gift!
Hope you had a little quiet crafting time. No school today so I am thinking I might try for a little bit myself...even though my tree only has the lights on so far and there is still cleaning to be done and laundry and meals and baking and ...oh who am I kidding! lol
Thank you for the inspiration if I do get some spare time! :)

Tracey said...

Dana this decorated Christmas bag is over the moon AMAZING!!! WOW it is the gift!!! Such a fantastic mix of stamps and embellishments!!hugs,
TRace

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!