Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

July 5, 2013

Publication News & Back To Blogging !! Yay!


Hi Everyone:
Phew! It has been way to long since I have been here! It was a much needed break. But now that I have dealt with some personal stuff, finished homeschooling for another year, completed some more writing for my novel, and most importantly, took some time to refocus, I am now ready to have some creative time again. 

In case your wondering, I really did miss you guys, just that life got really out of sorts there for a little while, and I became overwhelmed. So therefore some time to refuel, refocus, and rest was what was needed. I think that it may have done the trick, because I am ready to start again. I want to say a BIG Thank You to all of you who decided to stick around. It really means so much to me. I know there are other blogs out there with more activity than what this one has been in the last little while, and knowing that you didn't stop following me during my absence makes me love ya more. Lol. Really!!

I wanted to share with you all that recently I had a card published in Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine in the Winter/February edition. Yes, I know that is a little while ago but I am just getting around to sharing now! Better late than never!! Lol. It is still out there on the shelves of some of the local stores, because I say it at one of our local supermarkets just a month ago. You can still get it to order from the website too if you want one. 




To order this magazine go here!
Now this is the card that got published in this magazine above. 


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Florentine/Hero Arts,  
Adhesives: ATG, Pop Dots
Sentiment: Cut with Cricuit Machine
Cardstock: Autumn Leaves, Recollections, and Stampin' Up
Pattern Paper: Karen Foster Designs, Basic Grey
Embellishments: Jewels & Lace/Dollarama, Pearls/Prima Marketing 
Inks & Paints: Ranger Distress Inks, Stampin' Up, and Americanna Paints

To view more details about this card please see this post
And I am super happy to share that I got a full page spread all of my own. Yahoo! The team at Canadian Scrapbooker did an amazing job with the staging of this card and so many others. 
My Card Publication 


I cannot seem to get a good picture no matter what lighting I use. Sorry if it is way to dark. I also wanted to say that the tree was made using Sweet & Sassy Stamps tree silhouette set. I stamped it on watercolor paper and used the reverse side to add my green color. Then I did it again but cut the pieces apart to give more dimension to each tree branch. I looked for this set but can't find it now. When I do I will give you the product name and number. I did look on their website but could not find t. It must be out of stock now. It was a old set that my friend Ceal gave to me. 

Here are the credits and product list. 


And here is another picture that is a little better than the first but missing some of the white in the page spread. I would like to add that the red in this photo is not this bright. It is more like a barnwood red than a bright red. 


I am so blessed to have my work published and you can too, just submit!! Lol. 

The heat is really unbearable here tonight and I don't know how we will ever sleep because we didn't last-night. The temperature today was 35 degrees but feeling like 42 with the humidity. And tomorrow the forecast is for 35 degrees again and that is not with the humidity.  At least we are not having snow right!! Lol. So I guess I better get to bed and try to get some sleep. Trust that your all doing well and enjoying your summer. Until next time.....

Take Care & God Bless
Dana

14 comments:

Dawn T said...

Hi there Dana... was very happy to see your blog pop up on my list tonight. I've been thinking of you and praying all was well. I've been trying to see if you've been on Skype at the same time as me... but the time difference is not conducive to us getting to talk! Congrats on your getting the gorgeous card published. And welcome back. Hope to see more of you and your lovely work.
Hugs Dawn

Cindy C. said...

Hi Dana. Welcome back to blog land. Just yesterday I was wondering how you were doing and today I saw your post. How wonderful! So glad to know that everything is under control for you. Congrats to your publication, that card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

great to see you back and congrats on your card publication! looking forward to more lovely cards!

Jessi Fogan said...

Welcome back :) What a lovely card, and congrats on the publication!!
We're in the same heat wave, and I must say...I miss snow. You can always put on another sweater but you can only take off so much :P

Unknown said...

Welcome back indeed!!! Congrats on another pub! A beautiful card. I love the the wrapped tree...so pretty! The heat is bad around here too...our very short summers make up for lost time with all this heat. I'm dreaming about fall!

Auntie Em said...

Hi Dana, my dear friend! It's so good to see you back on here again. I haven't forgotten you and we need to have a get together soon.
Congrats on being published and I love your card. Gorgeous!!!
Totally understand the need to step back and deal with May and June. Even these summer months seem to be non-stop. Good stuff but hectic just the same.
Take care!!! {{{Hugs}}] :)

Judy1223 said...

Dana! Welcome back, you have been missed, my friend! I am so happy to hear you are doing well and to see your beautiful published work...no surprise! Can't wait to see more of your beautiful cards soon!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is amazing, Dana. Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us this week.
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my gosh...how exciting to see your name in print! You must be tickled pink and hopefully become inspired to resume your crafting again...Good for you!

Kim said...


Glad to see you back on Flickr! Glad things have settled down a bit too. I just found your blog and am now following! Gotta support our fellow NBers. :-). It's been hot here too. Can you believe all the rain today? Ugh. Hope our creek doesn't flood. Makes a mess of the driveway. Well, congrats on the publication! Lovely card. :-)

jintyoo7 said...

Hi Dana, CONGRATULATIONS!! and welcome back :)

Karen L K said...

Congrats & I am glad you are getting back to it! Very nice card! That is also a very nice magazine. I have a copy and it is really great.

Arlene said...

Thank you so much for sharing. It's so reminiscent of Traditional Christmas. Gorgeous card and so glad you had it published. Congratulations.

Maureen Morton said...

Yay, Dana! Great to see you back - sometimes we all need a break. I'm on vacation right now without much internet access, but when I saw your note I had to check this out. Congrats on the publication, too. So proud of you. Not for me, but I know it is a goal for many. Hang in there and lots of blessings.

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!